1) Preparation and Prayer
CHRIST IS RISEN!
HE IS RISEN INDEED!
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
Psalm 130:1–6 (ESV)
1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD!
2 O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
3 If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?
4 But with You there is forgiveness, that You may be feared.
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;
6 my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning.
- BIRTHDAY AND ANNIVERSARIES.
- 16th Johannes Swart
- FAMILIES TO PRAY FOR TODAY
- Gillian Lohr, Chris, Lorraine and Janice Kapp
- Sick people to pray for:
- Martha, Godwin, Denise, Gemma, Sue (Delene’s sister), Garness
- IN NEED. If you experience any need at the moment, whether it is financial or for essential goods please let us know. I’m also available for Whatsapp video chats, if you are struggling emotionally/spiritually. Let me know!
- Church camp POSTPONED. We will reschedule once the COVID-19 pandemic is over
- King’s Kids Week CANCELLED. It’s with great sadness that we have to cancel King’s Kids Week for this year. This is the time we need to get the team together to start training and preparation, which is not possible. It would also not be wise to bring a great crowd of children (many from other towns) together in 2 months time, considering what we’re learning from other countries on how long social distancing must be in place (There is also talk that the June/July holidays will be cancelled)
Some have asked how they can still give money. You can either do an EFT into our account (details below) or you can just keep the money safe at home and bring it to church when we meet again.
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
4) Praise Singing
Let us fill our homes with praise singing to our almighty God!
Spend time in prayer.
- Praying for items in Announcements
- Every day we want to pray for 3 things:
1) Spiritual health. Pray for God to strengthen, encourage and grow his church. Pray for people to turn to God.
2) Physical health Pray for God to have mercy on Stilbaai, SA, Africa and the world. For healing and protection from infection.
3) Emotional health. Pray against anxiety, loneliness, fear and depression.
- Prayer for today:
- Pray for the economy of our country and the world. Pray especially for the vulnerable, and the church will rise up to look after the “widows and orphans”
Get your bread and cup ready and join us for the Lord’s Supper
7) Praise Singing
6) Message – Grasping the Gospel
You can open your Bible to Matthew 26:6-13 before clicking on the video below. 🙂
7) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family
2 Thessalonians 3:16 (ESV)
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.