Our anchor in times of storm – Charles Stanley
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Good morning! Please read this Psalm as a prayer over you and your loved ones.
For He delivers the needy when he calls, the poor and him who has no helper.
He has pity on the weak and the needy, and saves the lives of the needy.
From oppression and violence He redeems their life, and precious is their blood in his sight.
Psalm 72:12–14 (ESV)
- 1st Penny Symons;
- 3rd Michael Nel;
- 6th Tonie Gerber
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- 3rd Tony and Magriet Dearman
POPI (Protection Of Personal Information) Act
If you have not yet completed a POPI form, please do so ASAP!
- The POPI act requires us (and all organisations in South Africa) to get your permission to store / publish your personal information.
- So can you please complete another form with your detail that also ask you to specifically give us permission to store and retrieve your info, together with your signature.
- You can download the form below or you can get one at the information table in church.
- Please return the completed form ASAP to Carel-J
- BADISA FOOD PARCELS – Badisa knows of many vulnerable, poor families who are not able to provide for themselves during these times. They pack and deliver food parcels to these families. You can help by buying and placing non-perishable items in the containers provided at SPAR and OK.
- NEEDING HELP? If you are struggling physically, emotionally and/or spiritually please contact Carel-J or one of the elders.
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFULLY GIVING!
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
- PEOPLE ON THE BULLETIN to pray for:
- Martha and Godwin Africa,
- Arthur and Marlene Alford
- Praise God that we can meet (safely!) in person again.
- HEALTH PROBLEMS Pray for people dealing with health issues: Martha, Godwin, Garness, Yvonne and her daughter, Desiree
- Delene’s sister, Sue. After much struggles Sue will, Lord willing, have a cystoscopy on the 27th of August and have results on the 1st of September. Please keep her in your prayers.
- Martha’s son. Martha’s eldest son (Godwin’s brother) passed away last week. Please keep the family in your prayers.
- Pray for Louise and family with the death of her sister, Elize.
- COVID-19. The COVID numbers in Stilbaai and Melkhoutfontein is still very high. Pray for God’s protection and healing and also that people will be wise in following protocols to prevent the further, unnecessary spread of the disease.
- Pray for all people working in public spaces where they are in contact with a lot of people. Pray for their protection from getting COVID-19.
- Please pray for the personnel administering the vaccine. They are doing a great job under trying circumstances.
7) Praise Singing
We are back in the hall today, so the message preached in the hall today will be available online next week. Today we have another blessed “visiting preacher” speaking on the storms of life.
9) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family