Risk Your Life – Philippians 2:25-30
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
I am severely afflicted; give me life, O LORD, according to your word!
Accept my freewill offerings of praise, O LORD, and teach me your rules.
I hold my life in my hand continually, but I do not forget your law.
- THE WAY FORWARD – We are busy praying and planning the way forward for our church. The things we are working on currently
- Having a drive-in communion once a month. More information later.
- If enough people are keen to have Bible study in person at the church hall on Wednesday afternoons, we will start doing this. (It will be a continuation of the Romans Bible study and we’ll do it as prescribed by government: masks, social distancing, etc)
- NEEDING HELP? If you are struggling emotionally and spiritually and you are needing counseling, please contact Carel-J.
If you have any physical needs, please contact Carel-J or one of the elders.
- PLAN TO HELP THOSE WHO GET SICK WITH COVID-19. We want to help those who need to self-quarantine due to being sick with COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone who tested positive. This involves two things:
a) If you do get sick, please let us know. Let us know what type of help you need. E.g. help with buying your groceries, deliver meals, take you to the hospital if you have no transport, etc.
b) We’ll need volunteers who will be able to help with the above (buying / making and delivering food). If you are able to assist in this way, please let Carel-J know.
- King’s Kids Online! King’s Kids Online Vraag 5! Kan ons die Bybel vertrou? Vandag raak ons wetenskaplik! 🌎🔬 http://kingskids.org.za/vraag5Kyk, Geniet en Stuur Aan!
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- 15th Paul and Janine de Villiers
- Bible studies:
- The Wednesday morning group A study in Romans via Jitsi online meetings. Speak to Carel-J or Mark if you’d like to join. (The planned in-person meeting will be the same as this Bible study)
- The Monday evening Bible study is also using Jitsi for online meetings and is doing a great study into apologetics (i.e. answering tough questions about the Christian faith). Please contact Craig Boswell if you’d like to join.
- The Teenagers Online on Tuesdays via Jitsi. We start at 18:30. Speak to Carel-J if your age qualifies you and you want to join in!
- BADISA FOOD PARCELS – Badisa knows of many vulnerable, poor families who are not able to provide for themselves during these times. They pack and deliver food parcels to these families. You can help by buying and placing non-perishable items in the containers provided at SPAR and OK.
- Daniela de Jager’s phone is busy breaking. If anyone has a second-hand phone that you’re not using, please contact her. (076 818 4553)
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFULLY GIVING!
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
5) Praise Singing
Let us fill our homes with praise singing to our almighty God!
Spend time in prayer praying for the following:
- PEOPLE ON THE BULLETIN to pray for: Herman and Erika du Preez, Willie van Staden
- HEALTH PROBLEMS Pray for people dealing with health issues: Godwin, Martha, Desiree (Yvonne Roth’s daughter), Garness, Lex, Sharn, Magriet, John Malan, Gemma Sainsbury, Mike Nel, Greg Woods, Russell Alford
- Please pray for Lorna Truelove. They have diagnosed cancer on her face again. She’ll be going for surgery to remove it.
- PRAISE GOD
- George and Lesley Blumrick found a flat.
- Malie Dreyer’s operation went well. There doesn’t seem to be any further spread of the cancer.
- Garness is doing much better and is able to take walks with her walker.
- For the rain.
- Pray for the 3 things we want to pray for every day
1) Spiritual health. Pray for God to strengthen, encourage and grow his church. Pray for people to turn to God.
2) Physical health Pray for God to have mercy on Stilbaai, SA, Africa and the world. For healing and protection from infection.
3) Emotional health. Pray against anxiety, loneliness, fear and depression.
- Prayer for today:
- People facing financial troubles due to COVID-19 who can’t fulfil their financial obligations. Pray for God’s provision and that his children will continue to trust in Him.
You can open your Bible to Philippians 2:25-30 before clicking on the video below. 🙂
8) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family
2 Thessalonians 3:16 (ESV)
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.