“God initiates prayer” – Gerhard du Toit
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
May the glory of the LORD endure forever; may the LORD rejoice in his works,
who looks on the earth and it trembles, who touches the mountains and they smoke!
I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being.
May my meditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the LORD.
Psalm 104:31-34 (ESV)
- Today we’re starting with services in the hall again! If you want to, you can join us next week:
- English: 10am
- Afrikaans: 6pm
- 17th Arthur Alford
- 17th Yvonne Roth.
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- 12th Keith and Veronica Grieve;
- 14th Alwyn and Estelle Vorster.
- NEEDING HELP? If you are struggling emotionally and spiritually and you are needing counseling, please contact Carel-J.
If you have any physical needs, please contact Carel-J or one of the elders.
- King’s Kids Online! We have completed the 12 King’s Kids Online videos and will put it on DVD soon. If you’d like a copy of the DVD (or want to copy the files onto a flashdrive), please let Carel-J know
- PLAN TO HELP THOSE WHO GET SICK WITH COVID-19. We want to help those who need to self-quarantine due to being sick with COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone who tested positive. This involves two things:
a) If you do get sick, please let us know. Let us know what type of help you need. E.g. help with buying your groceries, deliver meals, take you to the hospital if you have no transport, etc.
b) We’ll need volunteers who will be able to help with the above (buying / making and delivering food). If you are able to assist in this way, please let Carel-J know.
- BADISA FOOD PARCELS – Badisa knows of many vulnerable, poor families who are not able to provide for themselves during these times. They pack and deliver food parcels to these families. You can help by buying and placing non-perishable items in the containers provided at SPAR and OK
Please watch the testimony from George and Lesley Blumrick below:
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFULLY GIVING!
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
5) Praise Singing
Let us fill our homes with praise singing to our almighty God!
Spend time in prayer praying for the following:
- PEOPLE ON THE BULLETIN to pray for: Herman, Sureth and Bea Badenhorst; Joy Delport.
- HEALTH PROBLEMS Pray for people dealing with health issues: Martha, Godwin, Sue (Delene’s sister), Garness, Magriet, Lex, Gemma Sainsbury, Desiree ( Yvonne Roth’s daughter), John Malan (cancer), Lorna, Sharn, Gert, Sonja.
- Pray for those who lost their job / are not able to find work.
- Pray for the 3 things we want to pray for every day
1) Spiritual health. Pray for God to strengthen, encourage and grow his church. Pray for people to turn to God.
2) Physical health Pray for God to have mercy on Stilbaai, SA, Africa and the world. For healing and protection from infection.
3) Emotional health. Pray against anxiety, loneliness, fear and depression.
The plan going forward is that the online service will include the sermon preached the previous Sunday at the hall. As this is the first Sunday in the hall, we still have a visiting preacher for the online service today. Apologies for the bad quality of the visuals, but the audio should be good.
8) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family