Press On Towards the Goal – Philippians 4:12-16
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
This is also the prayer we are praying over the violence and hatred and fires happening up north:
As fire consumes the forest, as the flame sets the mountains ablaze,
so may you pursue them with your tempest and terrify them with your hurricane!
Fill their faces with shame, that they may seek your name, O LORD.
Let them be put to shame and dismayed forever; let them perish in disgrace,
that they may know that you alone, whose name is the LORD, are the Most High over all the earth.
Psalm 83:14–18 (ESV)
AGM. The AGM we had to postpone in May will happen on 22 November.
- We encourage you to please attend as some important decisions must be made. (including voting on a new elder)
- Nominations for the following will be available at the information table. If you’re not attending yet, but want a nomination form, please contact Arthur.
- Bruce Waldek’s second term of eldership came to an end this year, so we need to elect a new elder.
- Mark Symon’s first 3-year term came to an end, but he can be elected again for another 3 years.
- All the deacons (except Arthur and Alwyn)’s terms are also coming to an end. (They can be nominated again.)
- If you would like to become a member of SBBC, please contact Carel-J ASAP so you can attend the membership meeting.
No drive-in communion next week
- Communion will happen at the service in the hall. (Please bring your own bread and fruit of the vine (grape juice / wine)
- The communion will be recorded and will be placed on the online service the following week.
- If you would like an elder to come and do communion with you at your home, please let Carel-J know.
- 26th Jeniene Linton
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- NEEDING HELP? If you are struggling emotionally and spiritually and you are needing counseling, please contact Carel-J.
If you have any physical needs, please contact Carel-J or one of the elders.
- King’s Kids Online! If you would like a copy of DVD with the King’s Kids Online videos on, please let Carel-J know. The DVDs are free, but if you’d like to contribute to the cost, you can just add your donation in with your offering.
- PLAN TO HELP THOSE WHO GET SICK WITH COVID-19. We want to help those who need to self-quarantine due to being sick with COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone who tested positive. This involves two things:
a) If you do get sick, please let us know. Let us know what type of help you need. E.g. help with buying your groceries, deliver meals, take you to the hospital if you have no transport, etc.
b) We’ll need volunteers who will be able to help with the above (buying / making and delivering food). If you are able to assist in this way, please let Carel-J know.
- BADISA FOOD PARCELS – Badisa knows of many vulnerable, poor families who are not able to provide for themselves during these times. They pack and deliver food parcels to these families. You can help by buying and placing non-perishable items in the containers provided at SPAR and OK
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFULLY GIVING!
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
5) Praise Singing
Let us fill our homes with praise singing to our almighty God!
Spend time in prayer praying for the following:
- PEOPLE ON THE BULLETIN to pray for: Greg and Debbie Warner, Miriam Matthysen
- HEALTH PROBLEMS Pray for people dealing with health issues: Martha, Godwin, Sue (Delene’s sister), Garness, Magriet, Lex, Gemma Sainsbury, Desiree ( Yvonne Roth’s daughter), Sharn, Sonja
- Yvonne Roth. Update from Rose Schutte “Just spoken to Yvonne, she is still in hospital but hoping to come home tomorrow. She is feeling much better after the transfusions and an iron drip. She has also been in theatre to clean out her knees. Having physio to help. She sounds very good.”
- Gert Kruger had an operation last week to remove a molar tooth under anesthetic. The operation went very well.
- Jeniene Linton is back home. Please keep her in your prayers.
- Please pray for Denise (a friend of Lynda Tavener who lives in Johannesburg. She is in ICU with COVID-19 and has been placed onto a ventilator.
- Please pray for John Malan. He was tested postive with COVID-19 and with his lung cancer this can be very dangerous.
As explained last week, the plan going forward for the time being is to record the services at the hall and then place those messages online the following Sunday.
So the message below was preached last Sunday, but God’s Word never gets old. 🙂 Be blessed!
8) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family