Joseph: It’s Planned by God
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
Fill their faces with shame, that they may seek your name, O LORD.
Let them be put to shame and dismayed forever; let them perish in disgrace,
that they may know that You alone, whose name is the LORD, are the Most High over all the earth.
Psalm 83:16–18 (ESV)
No worship services at the hall in January.
- To support the medical services who are overwhelmed by the current load of COVID-19 in our area and because we don’t want to put anyone unnecessarily at risk, we won’t have meetings until the end of January
- PLEASE do not use this time to self-isolate. Best idea is to invite someone else to come and do online church with you on a Sunday morning.
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- 28th Johan and Maryna Oosthuizen
- NEEDING HELP? If you are struggling emotionally and spiritually and you are needing counseling, please contact Carel-J.
If you have any physical needs, please contact Carel-J or one of the elders.
- I have emailed and whatsapped the January bulletin to everyone. If you did not receive it, please let me know. If you want a paper copy of the bulletin, please contact Penny so that you can fetch one from her home.
- PLAN TO HELP THOSE WHO GET SICK WITH COVID-19. We want to help those who need to self-quarantine due to being sick with COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone who tested positive. This involves two things:
a) If you do get sick, please let us know. Let us know what type of help you need. E.g. help with buying your groceries, deliver meals, take you to the hospital if you have no transport, etc.
b) We’ll need volunteers who will be able to help with the above (buying / making and delivering food). If you are able to assist in this way, please let Carel-J know.
- BADISA FOOD PARCELS – Badisa knows of many vulnerable, poor families who are not able to provide for themselves during these times. They pack and deliver food parcels to these families. You can help by buying and placing non-perishable items in the containers provided at SPAR and OK
- Reminder about our Christmas Day offering if you still want to give towards that:
Our Theme for 2021 is: Being the Body of Christ. Journey with us as we take up the role God has called us to fulfil.
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFULLY GIVING!
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
5) Praise Singing
Let us fill our homes with praise singing to our almighty God!
Spend time in prayer praying for the following:
- PEOPLE ON THE BULLETIN to pray for: Alwyn and Estelle Vorster, Pat and Lynda Tavener.
- HEALTH PROBLEMS Pray for people dealing with health issues: Martha, Godwin, Sue (Delene’s sister), Garness, Magriet, Lex, Desiree ( Yvonne Roth’s daughter), Sharn, Jeanette Kent, Gemma Sainsbury
- Pray for everyone who is sick or recovering from COVID-19
- Martha’s granddaughters Anika and Kay has bought tested positive for COVID-19
- Jan and Liesl Pieterse are doing much better after their battle with COVID-19 but are still on the way to full healing. Jan says he still struggles with his chest.
- Please continue praying for Yvonne as she also deals with healing from COVID-19
- Please pray for Johan and Maryna Oosthuizen in Ou Meule Retirement Home in Riversdal. Ou Meule registered their first positive COVID-19 case.
- Pray for the medical staff (especially Karlien van Zyl who attends our Afrikaanse Samekoms) and especially the hospital staff in the area battling with COVID-19
- Erna and Craig in China
- Please pray for Miriam Matthysen and family whose son passed away.
Today you have two options for the sermon!
If you weren’t at our service in the hall last Sunday (20 Dec), then you’ll find the sermon Carel-J preached (“Joseph. It’s planned by God”) below
If you were at the hall, then scroll a bit down and listen to a great message by Mike Winger called “Encourage Yourself in the Lord”
9) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family