Holy Spirit Manifestations
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
For God alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation.
He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.
Psalm 62:1–2 (ESV)
- 21st Daniela de Jager;
- 22nd Erika du Preez;
- 23rd Brenda Swift
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- 20th Herman and Erika du Preez.
AGM: 9 May 2021
- Our AGM this year will be on 9 May after the morning service.
- If you would like to nominate someone for deacon or elder, please collect a nomination form from the information desk. Nominations needs to be in no later than 1 May. You can hand in the completed nomination form at the information desk. Please remember that the person you nominate must accept the nomination and also sign the form.
- There will be no communal bring-and-share meal this year, due to COVID-19. We look forward to the day when we can do that together again.
- If you would like to add any items to the agenda, please send them to Carel-J no later than 1 May.
- There will no Afrikaans evening service on the 9th of May. We invite everyone to join in together for the morning service.
- We will vote on new members at the AGM. If you would like to become a member of SBBC, please contact Carel-J ASAP so that you can attend a membership class.
- NEEDING HELP? If you are struggling emotionally and spiritually and you are needing counseling, please contact Carel-J.
If you have any physical needs, please contact Carel-J or one of the elders.
- CAN YOU HELP?
Des and Cornelia have also asked if anyone knows of a small car they can hire or buy (and pay off). If you know of anyone who has such a car available, please let me know
- PLAN TO HELP THOSE WHO GET SICK WITH COVID-19. We want to help those who need to self-quarantine due to being sick with COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone who tested positive. This involves two things:
a) If you do get sick or need to quarantine, please let us know. Let us know what type of help you need. E.g. help with buying your groceries, deliver meals, etc.
b) We’ll need volunteers who will be able to help with the above (buying / making and delivering food). If you are able to assist in this way, please let Carel-J know.
- BADISA FOOD PARCELS – Badisa knows of many vulnerable, poor families who are not able to provide for themselves during these times. They pack and deliver food parcels to these families. You can help by buying and placing non-perishable items in the containers provided at SPAR and OK
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFULLY GIVING!
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
- PEOPLE ON THE BULLETIN to pray for: Rose Schutte, Peet Hands, Henry and Louise Jansen
- Praise the LORD that the COVID-19 numbers in Stilbaai, Melkhoutfontein and Riversdale are still very low at the moment
- Praise God that Pat Tavener is also doing better and is on the slow road of full healing.
- HEALTH PROBLEMS Pray for people dealing with health issues: Martha, Godwin, Gemma Sainsbury, Yvonne and her daughter, Desiree, Garness, Amanda’s dad
- King’s Kids Week planning. Please pray for God’s wisdom and guidance as we prepare for the July holiday’s King’s Kids Week, so that we can do it in a great way that incorporates COVID-19 safety measures.
6) Praise Singing
8) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family