Sharing in Suffering
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Good morning! Please read this Psalm as a prayer over you and your loved ones.
Bless the LORD, O my soul! O LORD my God, You are very great! You are clothed with splendor and majesty,
covering yourself with light as with a garment, stretching out the heavens like a tent.
He lays the beams of his chambers on the waters; He makes the clouds his chariot; He rides on the wings of the wind;
He makes his messengers winds, his ministers a flaming fire.
Psalm 104:1–4 (ESV)
- 18th Godwin Africa;
- 22nd Gert Kruger
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
POPI (Protection Of Personal Information) Act
If you have not yet completed a POPI form, please do so ASAP!
- The POPI act requires us (and all organisations in South Africa) to get your permission to store / publish your personal information.
- So can you please complete another form with your detail that also ask you to specifically give us permission to store and retrieve your info, together with your signature.
- You can download the form below or you can get one at the information table in church.
- Please return the completed form ASAP to Carel-J
HELPING WITH THE NEEDS WHERE LOOTING AND DESTRUCTION TOOK PLACE
- Is God calling you to help with the need currently experienced by the parts of the country? It is important to use trustworthy channels for helping.
- We will email / whatsapp information on how you can support the churches in KZN who are busy distributing food.
- Also remember that hunger is not just a problem “over there”. Even in Stilbaai and Melkhoutfontein are people struggling with poverty and hunger. Please support Badisa to help them. (See more information below)
- BADISA FOOD PARCELS – Badisa knows of many vulnerable, poor families who are not able to provide for themselves during these times. They pack and deliver food parcels to these families. You can help by buying and placing non-perishable items in the containers provided at SPAR and OK.
KING’S KIDS WEEK POSTPONED TO (DV) THE OCTOBER SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
- Due to the 3rd wave, the current restrictions of level 4 lockdown and the change of the school calendar we will not be able to have King’s Kids Week at this time. We are hoping and praying that we’d be able to do it safely and wisely during the October holidays.
- In the mean time, if you haven’t yet done it, your children / grandchildren are welcome to check out the online program we created last year: http://kingskids.org.za/kko
- NEEDING HELP? If you are struggling emotionally and spiritually and you are needing counseling, please contact Carel-J.
If you have any physical needs, please contact Carel-J or one of the elders.
- PLAN TO HELP THOSE WHO GET SICK WITH COVID-19. We want to help those who need to self-quarantine due to being sick with COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone who tested positive. This involves two things:
a) If you do get sick or need to quarantine, please let us know. Let us know what type of help you need. E.g. help with buying your groceries, deliver meals, etc.
b) We’ll need volunteers who will be able to help with the above (buying / making and delivering food). If you are able to assist in this way, please let Carel-J know.
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFULLY GIVING!
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
- PEOPLE ON THE BULLETIN to pray for:
- Rose Schutte,
- Peet Hands,
- Henry and Louise Jansen
- Praise God for everyone who has recovered from COVID-19
- HEALTH PROBLEMS Pray for people dealing with health issues: Martha, Godwin, Yvonne and her daughter Desiree, Garness, Sue (Delene’s sister), Des Schoombie, Elize (Louise’s sister), Symons family recovering from COVID-19.
- UNREST IN THE COUNTRY. Pray for the salvation of those who live in frustration because their hope is in this world. Pray against poverty and unemployment: pray for people to find work to provide for their families. Pray for the police and national defense forces who need to deal with the violence and looting.
- Pray for businesses, especially restaurants, that are struggling during this level 4 lockdown.
Please pray for Russell (Arthur and Marlene’s grandson). See message from his mom below
Hi Mom. Russ is in hospital. I had him at the GP in the morning for a head cold. At about 7 last night he passed out for about 5 minutes and even stopped breathing for a short while. We carried him to the kombi and took him to the ER. He passed out again in the waiting room and vomited all over himself. They kept him in overnight for observation. We are not allowed into the hospital so we are waiting to hear from them when the physician has seen him. Will let you know.
7) Praise Singing
9) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family