Responding right to evil in the country
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Good morning! Please read this Psalm as a prayer over you and your loved ones.
I give you thanks, O LORD, with my whole heart; before the gods I sing your praise;
I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.
xOn the day I called, you answered me; my strength of soul you increased.
Psalm 138:1–3 (ESV)
- 26th Desmond Quinton;
- 28th Johann Baard.
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- 28th Ned and Zarita Herman
DRIVE-IN COMMUNION SERVICE 1 AUGUST
- Next Sunday (1 August) we will have a combined (i.e. English and Afrikaans) drive-in service again at the Brugmark parking lot at 10am.
- Please bring your own bread and fruit juice / wine with so that you can partake in the communion.
- For that reason there will also be no online services next week. (Neither English or Afrikaans)
POPI (Protection Of Personal Information) Act
If you have not yet completed a POPI form, please do so ASAP!
- The POPI act requires us (and all organisations in South Africa) to get your permission to store / publish your personal information.
- So can you please complete another form with your detail that also ask you to specifically give us permission to store and retrieve your info, together with your signature.
- You can download the form below or you can get one at the information table in church.
- Please return the completed form ASAP to Carel-J
HELPING WITH THE NEEDS WHERE LOOTING AND DESTRUCTION TOOK PLACE
- Is God calling you to help with the need currently experienced by the parts of the country? It is important to use trustworthy channels for helping.
- We will email / whatsapp information on how you can support the churches in KZN who are busy distributing food.
- Also remember that hunger is not just a problem “over there”. Even in Stilbaai and Melkhoutfontein are people struggling with poverty and hunger. Please support Badisa to help them. (See more information below)
- BADISA FOOD PARCELS – Badisa knows of many vulnerable, poor families who are not able to provide for themselves during these times. They pack and deliver food parcels to these families. You can help by buying and placing non-perishable items in the containers provided at SPAR and OK.
- NEEDING HELP? If you are struggling emotionally and spiritually and you are needing counseling, please contact Carel-J.
If you have any physical needs, please contact Carel-J or one of the elders.
- PLAN TO HELP THOSE WHO GET SICK WITH COVID-19. We want to help those who need to self-quarantine due to being sick with COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone who tested positive. This involves two things:
a) If you do get sick or need to quarantine, please let us know. Let us know what type of help you need. E.g. help with buying your groceries, deliver meals, etc.
b) We’ll need volunteers who will be able to help with the above (buying / making and delivering food). If you are able to assist in this way, please let Carel-J know.
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFULLY GIVING!
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
- PEOPLE ON THE BULLETIN to pray for:
- Greg and Debbie Warner,
- Miriam Matthysen
- Johannes, Karlien, Rosa and Johan van Zyl.
- Praise God that they could find the reason for Russell’s health issues and that he is also doing much better.
- Thanks you for everyone who prayed for Carel-J. God is good and he is doing fine. 🙂
- HEALTH PROBLEMS Pray for people dealing with health issues: Martha, Godwin, Yvonne and her daughter Desiree, Garness, Sue (Delene’s sister), Des Schoombie, Elize (Louise’s sister)
- COVID-19. The COVID numbers in Stilbaai and Melkhoutfontein is still very high. Pray for God’s protection and healing and also that people will be wise in following protocols to prevent the further, unnecessary spread of the disease.
- Pray for all people working in public spaces where they are in contact with a lot of people. Pray for their protection from getting COVID-19.
- Please pray for the personnel administering the vaccine. They are doing a great job under trying circumstances.
- UNREST IN THE COUNTRY. Pray for the salvation of those who live in frustration because their hope is in this world. Pray against poverty and unemployment: pray for people to find work to provide for their families. Pray for the police and national defense forces who need to deal with the violence and looting.
- Pray for businesses, especially restaurants, that are struggling during this level 4 lockdown.
7) Praise Singing
Due to my short visit to hospital, I wasn’t able to prepare, record, edit and upload the messages for this week. But here is a very NB message from Basil Sparks (Durbanville Baptist Church) on a Godly way to respond the crisis in our country.
9) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family