Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
Please watch this short little video clip
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
Psalm 32:6–11 (ESV)
32:6 Therefore let everyone who is godly offer prayer to You at a time when You may be found; surely in the rush of great waters, they shall not reach Him.
32:7 You are a hiding place for me; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with shouts of deliverance. Selah
32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
32:9 Be not like a horse or a mule, without understanding, which must be curbed with bit and bridle, or it will not stay near you.
32:10 Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the LORD.
32:11 Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!
- May 6th : Zarita Herman.
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- May 5th : Mike and Gill Nel
- IN NEED. If you experience any need at the moment, whether it is financial or for essential goods please let Carel-J know. I’m also available for Whatsapp video chats, if you are struggling emotionally/spiritually. Let me know!
- Bible studies:
- The Wednesday morning Bible study has started with online meetings with Jitsi. Please contact Carel-J if you’d like to join in.
- The Sunday evening Bible study has moved to Monday and will start their first online Bible study tomorrow. Please contact Craig Boswell if you’d like to join.
- The teenagers meet on Tuesday afternoons for an online Bible study. If you know any teenagers who would like to join, please let Carel-J know
- Church camp POSTPONED. We will reschedule once the COVID-19 pandemic is over
- King’s Kids Week CANCELLED.
- “MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU” outreach.
- During the month of May we’d like to encourage you to do various personal outreaches to bless other people with practical acts of love. When we planned this, we were hoping for practical blessings of mowing someone’s lawn, taking flowers to them, inviting someone over for a meal, etc. Sadly under COVID-19 lockdown, we’ll have to be much wiser on how to bless other people. If you have some great ideas how we can bless people during COVID-19, let Carel-J know and he will share the ideas with the church.
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325)
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
5) Praise Singing
Let us fill our homes with praise singing to our almighty God!
We’re doing a NEW song today, but many of you will know it already. 🙂
Spend time in prayer.
- People on the bulletin to pray for: Sharn Brummer, Des and Cornelia Schoombie
- Sick people to pray for:
- Martha, Godwin, Gemma, Sue, Denise and Desiree (Yvonne Roth’s daughter), Garness
- Magriet Dearman. She has a ruptured hernia giving her a lot of issues.
- Pray for
- Everyone who lost their employment and also for businesses who are forced to close down.
- Daniela de Jager who needs a new place to stay
- Pray for the 3 things we want to pray for every day
1) Spiritual health. Pray for God to strengthen, encourage and grow his church. Pray for people to turn to God.
2) Physical health Pray for God to have mercy on Stilbaai, SA, Africa and the world. For healing and protection from infection.
3) Emotional health. Pray against anxiety, loneliness, fear and depression.
- Prayer for today:
- Pray for the missionaries all over the world who are also restricted during the pandemic. Pray that the pandemic will open doors for them to bring the gospel to more people in a powerful way.
As I said in the video in the beginning, please lead your own communion at home. Either just you by yourself or with your family.
a) Read the following passage to remind you of the purpose of the bread
1 Corinthians 11:23–24 (ESV)
For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when He was betrayed took bread, and when He had given thanks, He broke it, and said, “This is my body, which is for you. Do this in remembrance of Me.”
b) Have someone pray to thank God for the bread representing his body that was offered for us for the forgiveness of sin.
c) Break and hand out the bread and eat in your own time.
d) Read the following passage to remind you of the purpose of the wine/grape juice
1 Corinthians 11:25–26 (ESV)
In the same way also He took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.
e) Have someone pray to thank God for the new covenant of grace established by the perfect blood of Jesus Christ
f) Hand out the cups and drink together.
g) Have someone pray to thank God that we can be partakers in his death and life.
You can open your Bible to Philippians 1 before clicking on the video below. 🙂
7) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family