Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
Psalm 46:10–11 (ESV)
46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”
46:11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah
- 4 June : Jan Pieterse
- IN NEED. If you experience any need at the moment, whether it is financial or for essential goods please let Carel-J know. I’m also available for Whatsapp video chats, if you are struggling emotionally/spiritually. Let me know!
- Bible studies:
- The Wednesday morning Bible study has started with online meetings with Jitsi. Please contact Carel-J if you’d like to join in.
- The Sunday evening Bible study has moved to Monday and is also using Jitsi for online meetings. Please contact Craig Boswell if you’d like to join.
- The teenagers meet on Tuesday afternoons for an online Bible study. If you know any teenagers who would like to join, please let Carel-J know
- HELP BADISA BY MAKING SOUP. Badisa hands out soup 6 days a week in Melkhoutfontein. If you are able to make and donate soup to them, please contact their offices 0839735772. They still hand out parcels to needy families in Stilbaai and Melkhoutfontein; if you’d like to donate to this place items in the trolleys designated for this at Spar and OK.
- King’s Kids Week CANCELLED.
- NO SUNDAY SERVICES AT CHURCH HALL YET. As per the message you received yesterday, we have decided NOT to start our Sunday large-group gatherings under the current regulations. Until we are able to meet again, we will continue with church-in-each-home (online church)
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services. (You can record yourself on your phone and then WhatsApp the video to me)
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325)
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
5) Praise Singing
Let us fill our homes with praise singing to our almighty God!
A new song!
The next song was requested by Lorna Truelove
As we remember Pentecost today, let’s sing this song together:
Spend time in prayer.
- People on the bulletin to pray for: Badisa, Ouma Lena se huis, Jagersbosch
- Sick people to pray for:
- Martha is back home. She is doing much better, but the hospital couldn’t really figure out what was causing her high temperatures.
- Godwin is still waiting to hear his results from the hospital.
- Desiree (Yvonne Roth’s daughter), Magriet, Garness
- Sue (Delene’s sister). She was able to go to Frere hospital for her cancer treatment.
- Lex Schwartzel. Lex is really struggling and his mind is often not clear. Thanks be to God that he is in safe care at Huis Stilbaai
- Sharn Brummer fell and hurt her back quite badly.
- Alta Ferreira’s mom (96y) fell at Huis Stilbaai and broke arm/shoulder. Went to Riversdal for X-rays and possibly to George then for treatment. Please pray as nobody is allowed to go with her. In Alta’s words “Plz Lord, take her home..🙏 she longs to be with the LORD whom she loves since the age of 21 when she was born again.“
- George and Lesley Blumrick are looking for jobs to help them financially during the lockdown
- Praise God.
- For the rain
- Pray for the 3 things we want to pray for every day
1) Spiritual health. Pray for God to strengthen, encourage and grow his church. Pray for people to turn to God.
2) Physical health Pray for God to have mercy on Stilbaai, SA, Africa and the world. For healing and protection from infection.
3) Emotional health. Pray against anxiety, loneliness, fear and depression.
- Prayer for today:
- Today we join in with the national day of prayer. You can find the guidelines as forwarded by the Baptist Union at the bottom of this page (after the final song and blessing). Please put some time aside today to pray with us.
You can open your Bible to Philippians 1:27 before clicking on the video below. 🙂
8) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family
2 Thessalonians 3:16 (ESV)
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.
10) National Day of Prayer
NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER – 31st May 2020
PRAYER GUIDELINES – COVID 19
PRAISE ITEMS: (1 Chron 16:29)
• Praise God for some of the positive effects of COVID-19: A Renewed Focus on God and His Word; the Sovereignty of God; the Mission of the Church; the value of corporate worship; the church as the gathered community and the importance of family.
• Praise God for the leadership provided by our State President, Cabinet and the National COVID-19 Command Council.
• Praise God for organizations and churches providing relief by way of finance, food vouchers/parcels.
• Praise God for the many people being reached with the Gospel message through modern-day technology and for those who received Christ as Saviour.
COVID-19 and Government- (1 Tim 2:1-3)
• Pray for national, provincial and local government authorities as they respond to COVID-19.
• Pray for God’s wisdom with regard to the phasing out of the National Lockdown. COVID-19 and the Frontline Medical Staff/Personnel – (Psalm 46)
• Pray for the families and loved ones of the deceased medical staff and victims. Pray for pastors and God’s church as they minister to such bereaved families.
• Pray for God’s protection over the medical faculty, staff and all involved in healthcare.
• Pray for the World Health Organization (W.H.O.), Red Cross and similar organizations.
• Pray urgently for God’s wisdom for those trying to find a vaccine for the virus.
National Lockdown and Families – (Deut. 6:4-9; Eph. 5:21-6:4)
• Pray for parents, guardians and grandparents as they seek to cope with the Lockdown challenges.
• Pray for the effect of the Lockdown on tertiary education and children’s schooling in general.
• Pray for those who are battling with the virus and their families.
• Pray for the effect of the Lockdown upon theological students/lecturers/ staff and their families.
• Pray for family members who are serving as frontline workers in “essential services”.
• Pray for BUSA pastors, missionaries and leaders ministering in different parts of the world and their families. Pray for those who have family members overseas.
• Pray for families encountering domestic violence and abuse as a result of the Lockdown.
National Lockdown and the SA Economy – (Eccl 3:9-14)
• Pray for the economic crisis being faced by the country.
• Pray for the poverty and inequality in South Africa revealed as a result of the Lockdown.
• Pray for those unemployed and retrenched as a result of the Lockdown.
• Pray for our Gov. departments, all organizations and congregations that are assisting with food supplies.
National Lockdown and Local Churches – (Acts 2:42-47)
• Pray for all our local churches that have been financially affected by the Lockdown.
• Pray for the pastoral families of all our churches, especially those infected with the virus.
• Pray for our pastors and church leaders as they seek to provide counsel during the Lockdown.
• Pray that financially strong churches will assist weaker struggling churches.
• Pray for the BU COVID -19 Relief Fund that God will provide funds to assist needy and destitute pastors.
• Pray for the churches who do not have the facilities to go online and make contact with their members.
National Lockdown and the BUSA – (Isaiah 46:9-11)
Pray for God’s wisdom with regard to the following:
• The BMD Easter Missions Appeal Offering which is an important part of the Missions budget.
• The BU Ministry Board interviews that were scheduled for May 2020.
• The BWD and the Maranatha Retreat and Conference Centre (MRCC) after the Lockdown.
• The National Leadership Council and the planned September 2020 BU Assembly (MRCC).
• The Theological Colleges and their curriculum for 2020.
• The finances of the Baptist Union of Southern Africa.
• Pray for our partners in Kenya, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Lesotho, Seychelles, Mauritius, Swaziland, Brazil, Botswana and on every other continent as they respond to COVID-19.