SUFFERING IS A GIFT. Philippians 1:28-30
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
Psalm 68:4–6 (ESV)
68:4 Sing to God, sing praises to his name; lift up a song to Him who rides through the deserts; his name is the LORD; exult before Him!
68:5 Father of the fatherless and Protector of widows is God in his holy habitation.
68:6 God settles the solitary in a home; He leads out the prisoners to prosperity, but the rebellious dwell in a parched land.
- 7th (today ) Brian Fraser and Thea Quinton. Hope you have a blessed day!
- IN NEED. If you experience any need at the moment, whether it is financial or for essential goods please let Carel-J know. Under lockdown level 3 I’m an essential worker (!) so if you need me to come and visit you, please let me know!
- Bible studies:
- The Wednesday morning Bible study has started with online meetings with Jitsi. Please contact Carel-J if you’d like to join in.
- The Sunday evening Bible study has moved to Monday and is also using Jitsi for online meetings. Please contact Craig Boswell if you’d like to join.
- The teenagers meet on Tuesday afternoons for an online Bible study. If you know any teenagers who would like to join, please let Carel-J know
- HELP BADISA BY MAKING SOUP. Badisa hands out soup 6 days a week in Melkhoutfontein. If you are able to make and donate soup to them, please contact their offices 0839735772. They still hand out parcels to needy families in Stilbaai and Melkhoutfontein; if you’d like to donate to this place items in the trolleys designated for this at Spar and OK.
- King’s Kids Week CANCELLED.
- NO SUNDAY SERVICES AT CHURCH HALL YET. We have decided NOT to start our Sunday large-group gatherings under the current regulations. Until we are able to meet again, we will continue with church-in-each-home (online church).
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services. (You can record yourself on your phone and then WhatsApp the video to me).
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
5) Praise Singing
Let us fill our homes with praise singing to our almighty God!
Spend time in prayer.
- People on the bulletin to pray for: Vicky Jonker, Maureen Marud, Brenda and Michael Swift
- People to pray for:
- Cornelia Schoombie had a blackout and fell in the bathroom. She has a black eye and is in a lot of pain.
- Joy Delport’s daughter Anne-Marie is sick in England and they suspect it might be COVID-19 (still awaiting test results) Please pray for her and family.
- Lex Schwartzel. Lex is really struggling and his mind is often not clear. Thanks be to God that he is in safe care at Huis Stilbaai
- Sharn Brummer’s back is still very sore
- Alta Ferreira’s mom (96y) is back at Huis Stilbaai but still in a lot of pain
- George and Lesley Blumrick are looking for jobs to help them financially during the lockdown
- Martha, Godwin, Desiree (Yvonne Roth’s daughter), Garness
- Praise God.
- For the people who have been able to return to work.
- For Alwyn and Estelle Vorster who are finally home from their travels to Namibia and the time spent in quarantine.
- Pray for the 3 things we want to pray for every day
1) Spiritual health. Pray for God to strengthen, encourage and grow his church. Pray for people to turn to God.
2) Physical health Pray for God to have mercy on Stilbaai, SA, Africa and the world. For healing and protection from infection.
3) Emotional health. Pray against anxiety, loneliness, fear and depression.
- Prayer for today:
- Pray for the police and other justice workers. Pray especially for those manning road-blocks for their safety and for the road users to be patient and kind.
Get your bread and wine/juice ready and join us (via this video) in celebrating the Lord’s Supper.
You can open your Bible to Philippians 1:28 before clicking on the video below. 🙂
9) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family
2 Thessalonians 3:16 (ESV)
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.