UNITY MATTERS. Philippians 2:1-2
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Good morning! My prayer for all of us is that God will enable us to have endurance to stand in faith and obedience in these difficult times. These times are also a test for us as we have to obey the government’s rules (like not socializing yet). Remember Luke 16:10 “One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much.” Are you proving yourself faithful to these (easier) restrictions on your life?
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
Psalm 30:4–6 (ESV)
30:4 Sing praises to the LORD, O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name.
30:5 For his anger is but for a moment, and his favour is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.
30:6 As for me, I said in my prosperity, “I shall never be moved.”
- FATHER’S DAY! A blessed father’s day to all the men. Remember, in our church we consider all men to be father figures. If you are an older man, you must act as a father to the younger men.
(If you qualify for this spiritual father role, please read this article by Paul Maxwell sometime after the service: https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/older-men-younger-men-need-you)
- LEAVE Carel-J and family will be “going” on leave from Tuesday, 23 June and will be back Tuesday, 7 July. The online services will continue, but if you need help for anything else, please contact Mark (063 773 3598), Bruce (076 595 9325) or Alwyn (083 628 8051)
- 21st (TODAY!) Grace Rischmuller;
- 26th Louis Rowles.
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- 21st (TODAY!) Michael & Cheryl Smith.
- IN NEED. If you experience any need at the moment, whether it is financial or for anything else, please let Bruce or Mark know.
- Bible studies:
- The Wednesday morning group will have a praise-singing session on Jitsi this Wednesday. If you’d like to join in, please speak to Mark.
- The Sunday evening Bible study has moved to Monday and is also using Jitsi for online meetings. Please contact Craig Boswell if you’d like to join.
- The teenagers will meet again online after Carel-J is back from leave.
- HELP BADISA BY MAKING SOUP. Badisa hands out soup 6 days a week in Melkhoutfontein. If you are able to make and donate soup to them, please contact their offices 0839735772. They still hand out parcels to needy families in Stilbaai and Melkhoutfontein; if you’d like to donate to this place items in the trolleys designated for this at Spar and OK.
- NO SUNDAY SERVICES AT CHURCH HALL YET. We have decided NOT to start our Sunday large-group gatherings under the current regulations. Until we are able to meet again, we will continue with church-in-each-home (online church).
Testimony from Erika du Preez
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
5) Praise Singing
Let us fill our homes with praise singing to our almighty God!
Spend time in prayer.
- People on the bulletin to pray for: Jeff and Denise Sanders, Jacques de Kock
- Other prayer items:
- Baptists pastors sick with COVID-19. Dr Kennedy Mulenga (Cape Town Baptist Seminary Lecturer) was moved out of ICU on Friday and went home on Saturday! Elizabeth (his wife) is at home and her symptoms are not that severe. Pastor Basil Sparks from Durbanville Baptist has also tested positive, but thanks be to God his symptoms are only mild.
- Pray for Medical staff, cleaners, carers, etc. who have a greater risk of getting infected with COVID-19
- Johan and Maryna Oosthuizen. Maryna’s brother, Kobus, passed away this week. Please pray for Maryna and family.
- Lex Schwartzel. Lex is really struggling and his mind is often not clear. Thanks be to God that he is in safe care at Huis Stilbaai
- Sharn Brummer’s back is still very sore
- George and Lesley Blumrick are looking for jobs to help them financially during the lockdown
- Pray for John Malan (Mark Symons’ brother in law; Helen’s brother) for a quick diagnosis, treatment and cure for his mutated cancer.
- Joy Delport’s daughter Anne-Marie who is still sick in England and after 42 still having fever and chest pains due to COVID-19. (She sometimes feel better but then it starts up again)
- Pray for Carel-J Rischmuller who has been diagnosed with an hiatal hernia.
- Martha, Godwin, Desiree (Yvonne Roth’s daughter), Garness
- Praise God.
- For the rain
- That Dr Kennedy has been able to go home.
- For Jeff and Denise Sanders who tested negative for COVID-19 after their second test.
- For the fire on Veronica and Keith Grieve’s farm that was killed before it could do major damage.
- Pray for the 3 things we want to pray for every day
1) Spiritual health. Pray for God to strengthen, encourage and grow his church. Pray for people to turn to God.
2) Physical health Pray for God to have mercy on Stilbaai, SA, Africa and the world. For healing and protection from infection.
3) Emotional health. Pray against anxiety, loneliness, fear and depression.
- Prayer for today:
- Pray for unity in the church. Pray for God to bind us together with chords of love that cannot be broken.
You can open your Bible to Philippians 2:1-2 before clicking on the video below. 🙂
8) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family
2 Thessalonians 3:16 (ESV)
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.