Show Genuine Concern – Philippians 2:19-24
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
Psalm 143:5–8 (ESV)
I remember the days of old; I meditate on all that You have done; I ponder the work of your hands.
I stretch out my hands to You; my soul thirsts for You like a parched land. Selah
Answer me quickly, O LORD! My spirit fails! Hide not your face from me, lest I be like those who go down to the pit.
Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in You I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul.
- NEEDING HELP? If you are struggling emotionally and spiritually and you are needing counseling, please contact Carel-J.
If you have any physical needs, please contact Carel-J or one of the elders.
- PLAN TO HELP THOSE WHO GET SICK WITH COVID-19. We want to help those who need to self-quarantine due to being sick with COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone who tested positive. This involves two things:
a) If you do get sick, please let us know. Let us know what type of help you need. E.g. help with buying your groceries, deliver meals, take you to the hospital if you have no transport, etc.
b) We’ll need volunteers who will be able to help with the above (buying / making and delivering food). If you are able to assist in this way, please let Carel-J know.
- King’s Kids Online! The fourth video of King’s Kids Online is out, and it deals with the question “Is die Bybel Betroubaar? (Rede #2)” Get the video here: http://kingskids.org.za/vraag4
- 3 August – Michael Nel
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- 3 August – Tony and Magriet Dearman
- Bible studies:
- The Wednesday morning group will carry on this Wednesday in their study in Romans via Jitsi online meetings. Speak to Carel-J or Mark if you’d like to join.
- The Monday evening Bible study is also using Jitsi for online meetings and is doing a great study into apologetics (i.e. answering tough questions about the Christian faith). Please contact Craig Boswell if you’d like to join.
- The Teenagers will meet AT A NEW TIME online on Tuesday. The new time is 18:30-19:10. Speak to Carel-J if your age qualifies you and you want to join in!
- BADISA FOOD PARCELS – Badisa knows of many vulnerable, poor families who are not able to provide for themselves during these times. They pack and deliver food parcels to these families. You can help by buying and placing non-perishable items in the containers provided at SPAR and OK.
- Mark encourages everyone to go and watch ‘The Chosen”, a television drama based on the life of Jesus Christ. You can watch it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwjoqDa8kUBL_trCMU-TzEFE1Sm7kYuP6
- Daniela de Jager’s phone is busy breaking. If anyone has a second-hand phone that you’re not using, please contact her. (076 818 4553)
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFULLY GIVING!
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
5) Praise Singing
Let us fill our homes with praise singing to our almighty God!
We’re starting with one of the songs from our kingskids.org.za videos
Spend time in prayer praying for the following:
- People on the bulletin to pray for: Craig and Erna Boswell, Lynette Britz, Michael and Cheryl Smith.
- PRAYER REQUESTS
- Pray for people dealing with health issues: Godwin, Desiree (Yvonne Roth’s daughter), Garness, Lex, Sharn, Magriet, John Malan, Gemma Sainsbury
- Pray for Martha Africa, who has very low oxygen levels.
- Please pray for Mike Nel who was attacked by a dog. (They were away visiting their daughter who had a baby). They say it will be a long journey of recovery.
- Pray for Malie Dreyer (Herman du Preez’s sister who lives with them). She has been diagnosed with cancer and needs to go see the surgeon on Monday.
- Pray for Stephen (Mirriam Matthysen’s son) who lost his job during COVID-19 and is starting his own business.
- Pray for Greg Woods, the son of John Woods who spoke at Helen Symons’s memorial. Greg has just been diagnosed with multiple lesions in kidneys, colon and throat and is going for a biopsy on Tuesday. Please pray for his salvation and that he will be healed.
- Pray for Russell Alford (grandson of Arthur and Marlene Alford) who is getting seizures again.
- PRAISE GOD
- That the ban on leisure travel has been lifted so that those in our church who have guest houses and resorts can do business again and provide work for local people.
- Pray for the 3 things we want to pray for every day
1) Spiritual health. Pray for God to strengthen, encourage and grow his church. Pray for people to turn to God.
2) Physical health Pray for God to have mercy on Stilbaai, SA, Africa and the world. For healing and protection from infection.
3) Emotional health. Pray against anxiety, loneliness, fear and depression.
- Prayer for today:
- Pray for everyone who lost their jobs during the COVID-19 pandemic. Pray for Christians who lost their jobs that God can provide for them so that they can glorify Him for his greatness. Pray for unbelievers that this will drive them into the arms of God for salvation and provision.
You can open your Bible to Philippians 2:19-24 before clicking on the video below. 🙂
8) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family
2 Thessalonians 3:16 (ESV)
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.