Watch and Pray – Mark 14:32-42
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
Give ear to my words, O LORD; consider my groaning.
Give attention to the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for to you do I pray.
O LORD, in the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch.
(Psalm 5:1–3 (ESV))
- THE WAY FORWARD – Please see update below.
- We will reevaluate again for October
- NEEDING HELP? If you are struggling emotionally and spiritually and you are needing counseling, please contact Carel-J.
If you have any physical needs, please contact Carel-J or one of the elders.
- PLAN TO HELP THOSE WHO GET SICK WITH COVID-19. We want to help those who need to self-quarantine due to being sick with COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone who tested positive. This involves two things:
a) If you do get sick, please let us know. Let us know what type of help you need. E.g. help with buying your groceries, deliver meals, take you to the hospital if you have no transport, etc.
b) We’ll need volunteers who will be able to help with the above (buying / making and delivering food). If you are able to assist in this way, please let Carel-J know.
- King’s Kids Online! King’s Kids Online Vraag 7! Kan ons die Bybel vertrou? Rede #5 http://kingskids.org.za/vraag7
Kyk, Geniet en Stuur Aan!
- 23rd Herman Badenhorst
- 26th Miriam Matthysen
- 26th Lorna Truelove
- 27th Mervyn Kent
- 29th Robyn Rischmuller
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- Bible studies:
- The Wednesday morning online group A study in Romans via Jitsi online meetings at 9:30. Speak to Carel-J if you’d like to join.
- The Wednesday AFTERNOON group meeting at the church hall will start on the 3rd of September. This study will mirror the Wedn morning study in Romans. If you would like to join this in-person Bible study, let Carel-J know.
- The Monday evening Bible study is also using Jitsi for online meeting. Please contact Craig Boswell if you’d like to join.
- The Teenagers Online on Tuesdays evenings via Jitsi. We start at 18:30. Speak to Carel-J if your age qualifies you and you want to join in!
- BADISA FOOD PARCELS – Badisa knows of many vulnerable, poor families who are not able to provide for themselves during these times. They pack and deliver food parcels to these families. You can help by buying and placing non-perishable items in the containers provided at SPAR and OK.
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFULLY GIVING!
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
5) Praise Singing
Let us fill our homes with praise singing to our almighty God!
A new song to fit in with our theme today!
Spend time in prayer praying for the following:
- PEOPLE ON THE BULLETIN to pray for: Mark, Bryan, Penny, Lee & Luke Symons. Pat and Riette Maritz.
- HEALTH PROBLEMS Pray for people dealing with health issues: Martha, Godwin, Sue, Garness, Magriet, Lex, Gemma Sainsbury, Desiree ( Yvonne Roth’s daughter), John Malan, Lorna and Mike Nel
- Pray for LEE SYMONS who is busy preparing for her application for university. She needs to write an entry exam as well as record and send videos of her violin playing
- PRAISE GOD
- Lorna Truelove – Lorna’s operation to cut the cancer from her face went very well and the surgeon said they managed to remove all the cancer. She thanks everyone for all their prayers.
- For the Rain
- Pray for the 3 things we want to pray for every day
1) Spiritual health. Pray for God to strengthen, encourage and grow his church. Pray for people to turn to God.
2) Physical health Pray for God to have mercy on Stilbaai, SA, Africa and the world. For healing and protection from infection.
3) Emotional health. Pray against anxiety, loneliness, fear and depression.
- Prayer for today:
- Pray that we will not emotionally and spiritually and “fellowship-ally” isolate ourselves from the rest of the church, but that we (through whichever medium) will stay connected to the church, serving each other in love. Pray that God will build his church.
You can open your Bible to Mark 14:32-42 before clicking on the video below. 🙂
8) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family
2 Thessalonians 3:16 (ESV)
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.