Rejoice IN The LORD – Philippians 3:1
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
May all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You! May those who love your salvation say evermore, “God is great!”
Psalm 70:4 (ESV)
- THE WAY FORWARD – Reminder of update from last week
- First Sunday of the month: One drive-in communion service (for both English and Afrikaans). No online service on these Sundays (neither Afrikaans nor English). More information on next week’s drive-in communion service will be sent out during the week.
- Other Sundays: Online services (English and Afrikaans) as we’ve been doing. We do encourage you to do online church with one other person/couple/family.
- Some of the Bible studies are starting in person. Please contact your Bible study leader. If you would like to join a Bible study, check the front of the bulletin.
- 1st Bruce Waldek
- 2nd Rose Fraser.
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- 2nd Craig and Erna Boswell
- NEEDING HELP? If you are struggling emotionally and spiritually and you are needing counseling, please contact Carel-J.
If you have any physical needs, please contact Carel-J or one of the elders.
- PLAN TO HELP THOSE WHO GET SICK WITH COVID-19. We want to help those who need to self-quarantine due to being sick with COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone who tested positive. This involves two things:
a) If you do get sick, please let us know. Let us know what type of help you need. E.g. help with buying your groceries, deliver meals, take you to the hospital if you have no transport, etc.
b) We’ll need volunteers who will be able to help with the above (buying / making and delivering food). If you are able to assist in this way, please let Carel-J know.
- King’s Kids Online! King’s Kids Online Vraag 8! Kan ons die Bybel vertrou? Rede #5 http://kingskids.org.za/vraag8
Kyk, Geniet en Stuur Aan!
- BADISA FOOD PARCELS – Badisa knows of many vulnerable, poor families who are not able to provide for themselves during these times. They pack and deliver food parcels to these families. You can help by buying and placing non-perishable items in the containers provided at SPAR and OK.
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFULLY GIVING!
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
5) Praise Singing
Let us fill our homes with praise singing to our almighty God!
Spend time in prayer praying for the following:
- PEOPLE ON THE BULLETIN to pray for: Pastors and Elders. (Our church and other churches)
- HEALTH PROBLEMS Pray for people dealing with health issues: Martha, Godwin, Sue (Delene’s sister), Garness, Magriet, Lex, Gemma Sainsbury, Desiree ( Yvonne Roth’s daughter), John Malan (cancer), Lorna and Sharn
- Pray for municipal workers, especially the garbage collectors and their families
- Pray for those who lost their job / are not able to find work.
- PRAISE GOD
- Gert Kruger had a scare with problems with his heart so he had a scan in Cape Town but the good news is that his heart is fine. He was diagnosed with sleep apnea, but it is treatable.
- Mike Nel is doing much better from being bitten badly by a dog, and has been able to go off the pain medication.
- For the Rain
- Pray for the 3 things we want to pray for every day
1) Spiritual health. Pray for God to strengthen, encourage and grow his church. Pray for people to turn to God.
2) Physical health Pray for God to have mercy on Stilbaai, SA, Africa and the world. For healing and protection from infection.
3) Emotional health. Pray against anxiety, loneliness, fear and depression.
- Prayer for today:
- Pray for the church to let the joy of the LORD be our strength.
You can open your Bible to Philippians 3:1 before clicking on the video below. 🙂
8) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family