Await The Saviour – Philippians 3:20 – 4:1
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD of hosts!
My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the LORD; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God.
Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
Blessed are those who dwell in your house, ever singing your praise! Selah
Psalm 84:1–4 (ESV)
AGM. The AGM we had to postpone in May will happen on 22 November.
- We encourage you to please attend as some important decisions must be made. (including voting on a new elder)
- Nominations for the following will be available at the information table. If you’re not attending yet, but want a nomination form, please contact Arthur.
- Bruce Waldek’s second term of eldership came to an end this year, so we need to elect a new elder.
- Mark Symon’s first 3-year term came to an end, but he can be elected again for another 3 years.
- All the deacons (except Arthur and Alwyn)’s terms are also coming to an end. (They can be nominated again.)
- NOMINATIONS MUST BE IN NO LATER THAN 14 NOVEMBER
- If you would like to become a member of SBBC, please contact Carel-J ASAP so you can attend the membership meeting.
- 8th Alta Ferriera;
- 9th Rose Schutte.
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- NEEDING HELP? If you are struggling emotionally and spiritually and you are needing counseling, please contact Carel-J.
If you have any physical needs, please contact Carel-J or one of the elders.
- King’s Kids Online! If you would like a copy of DVD with the King’s Kids Online videos on, please let Carel-J know. The DVDs are free, but if you’d like to contribute to the cost, you can just add your donation in with your offering.
- PLAN TO HELP THOSE WHO GET SICK WITH COVID-19. We want to help those who need to self-quarantine due to being sick with COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone who tested positive. This involves two things:
a) If you do get sick, please let us know. Let us know what type of help you need. E.g. help with buying your groceries, deliver meals, take you to the hospital if you have no transport, etc.
b) We’ll need volunteers who will be able to help with the above (buying / making and delivering food). If you are able to assist in this way, please let Carel-J know.
- BADISA FOOD PARCELS – Badisa knows of many vulnerable, poor families who are not able to provide for themselves during these times. They pack and deliver food parcels to these families. You can help by buying and placing non-perishable items in the containers provided at SPAR and OK
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFULLY GIVING!
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
5) Praise Singing
Let us fill our homes with praise singing to our almighty God!
Spend time in prayer praying for the following:
- PEOPLE ON THE BULLETIN to pray for: Mervyn, Jeanette, Caroline and Caitlyn Kent, Des and Thea Quinton.
- HEALTH PROBLEMS Pray for people dealing with health issues: Martha, Godwin, Sue (Delene’s sister), Garness, Magriet, Lex, Gemma Sainsbury, Yvonne, Desiree ( Yvonne Roth’s daughter), Sharn, Sonja
Please get your bread and wine/grape juice ready and follow along with the video below:
As explained last week, the plan going forward for the time being is to record the services at the hall and then place those messages online the following Sunday.
So the message below was preached last Sunday, but God’s Word never gets old. 🙂 Be blessed!
9) BONUS! Impromptu Baptism 🙂
Baptism of Ray Bargiacchi from Paarl
10) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family