Footstool Building Time – Psalm 110
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.
It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.
Psalm 127:1-2 (ESV)
AGM. The AGM we had to postpone in May will happen on 22 November.
- We encourage you to please attend as some important decisions must be made. (including voting on a new elder)
- Nominations for elder:
- Mark Symons (standing for second term)
- Craig Boswell (standing for first term)
- Nominations for deacon:
- Mervyn Kent
- Louis Rowles
- Penny Symons
- Bruce Waldek
- The elders and deacons whose terms haven’t yet expired:
- Alwyn Vorster (elder)
- Arthur Alford (deacon)
- You can access the AGENDA for the meeting here: 20201122 – AGM Agenda
- We have a baptism after the service today: Gill Nel. Please pray for her 🙂
- 21st Amanda Horn
- 21st Lynda Tavener
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- NEEDING HELP? If you are struggling emotionally and spiritually and you are needing counseling, please contact Carel-J.
If you have any physical needs, please contact Carel-J or one of the elders.
- King’s Kids Online! If you have primary school children visiting you for December, it might be a good idea to have the King’s Kids video ready for them to watch.
- Please let Carel-J know if you want a DVD. The DVDs are free, but if you’d like to contribute to the cost, you can just add your donation in with your offering.
- PLAN TO HELP THOSE WHO GET SICK WITH COVID-19. We want to help those who need to self-quarantine due to being sick with COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone who tested positive. This involves two things:
a) If you do get sick, please let us know. Let us know what type of help you need. E.g. help with buying your groceries, deliver meals, take you to the hospital if you have no transport, etc.
b) We’ll need volunteers who will be able to help with the above (buying / making and delivering food). If you are able to assist in this way, please let Carel-J know.
- BADISA FOOD PARCELS – Badisa knows of many vulnerable, poor families who are not able to provide for themselves during these times. They pack and deliver food parcels to these families. You can help by buying and placing non-perishable items in the containers provided at SPAR and OK
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFULLY GIVING!
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
5) Praise Singing
Let us fill our homes with praise singing to our almighty God!
Spend time in prayer praying for the following:
- PEOPLE ON THE BULLETIN to pray for: Teenagers attending Tuesday Bible study
- HEALTH PROBLEMS Pray for people dealing with health issues: Martha, Godwin, Sue (Delene’s sister), Garness, Magriet, Lex, Yvonne, Desiree ( Yvonne Roth’s daughter), Sharn, Sonja,
- Jeanette Kent – Jeanette suffers from severe pain in her back. Please pray for her.
- Gemma Sainsbury – Very good news that Gemma’s cancer is in remission. Praise God for answering the prayers that have gone up for her
10) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family