The Changed Life: Spirit-Led, Christ-Centered
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
Exalt the LORD our God; worship at his footstool! Holy is he!
Moses and Aaron were among his priests, Samuel also was among those who called upon his name. They called to the LORD, and he answered them.
In the pillar of the cloud he spoke to them; they kept his testimonies and the statute that he gave them.
Psalm 99:5–7 (ESV)
- Next week we’ll have communion as part of the online worship service. Please remember to have your bread and grape juice / wine ready.
PASSOVER/EASTER WEEKEND 2-4 APRIL MEETINGS
- Good Friday Evening meeting 6pm. – This will be an INFORMAL PRAISE AND PRAYER EVENING. Come together and sing. You are also welcome to bring your music instrument with. The words plus guitar chords will be on the screen. (If you would like a copy of the music, please contact Penny and she can email it to you.) Music will be in English and Afrikaans.
- Resurrection Sunday 10am – English. Join us as we celebrate Jesus’ death and resurrection. We will also partake in the LORD’s supper, so please bring your own bread and grape juice/wine with.
- Opstandings-Sondag 6pm – Afrikaans. Kom herdenk saam met ons Jesus se dood en opstanding. Ons sal ook aan die nagmaal saamgeniet, so bring asseblief u eie brood en druiwesap / wyn saam.
PLEASE NOTE: WE EXPECT A LOT OF PEOPLE SUNDAY MORNING, SO PLEASE BOOK YOUR SPOT (FOR EASTER SUNDAY MORNING ONLY) BY SENDING LOUIS A WHATSAPP (082 524 5920) INCLUDING YOUR NAME AND HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE IN YOUR GROUP
- 28th Lynette Britz
- 28th Karin Coetzee;
- 29th Mickey Smith
- 29th Henry Jansen;
- 1st April Anne Pretorius
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- NEEDING HELP? If you are struggling emotionally and spiritually and you are needing counseling, please contact Carel-J.
If you have any physical needs, please contact Carel-J or one of the elders.
- CAN YOU HELP?
Des and Cornelia have also asked if anyone knows of a small car they can hire or buy (and pay off). If you know of anyone who has such a car available, please let me know
- PLAN TO HELP THOSE WHO GET SICK WITH COVID-19. We want to help those who need to self-quarantine due to being sick with COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone who tested positive. This involves two things:
a) If you do get sick or need to quarantine, please let us know. Let us know what type of help you need. E.g. help with buying your groceries, deliver meals, etc.
b) We’ll need volunteers who will be able to help with the above (buying / making and delivering food). If you are able to assist in this way, please let Carel-J know.
- BADISA FOOD PARCELS – Badisa knows of many vulnerable, poor families who are not able to provide for themselves during these times. They pack and deliver food parcels to these families. You can help by buying and placing non-perishable items in the containers provided at SPAR and OK
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFULLY GIVING!
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
- PEOPLE ON THE BULLETIN to pray for: Bruce and Delene Waldek, Dirk and Bettie Roussouw
- Praise the LORD that the COVID-19 numbers in Stilbaai, Melkhoutfontein and Riversdale are very low at the moment
- Praise God that we are (legally and safely) allowed to meet together at the Sunday worship service and in Bible studies.
- Praise God that Ned, Zaritha and Maryna are all doing much better after battling COVID-19
- Pray for PAT TAVENER who has had a stroke and is currently in ICU in Mosselbay.
- Pray for LOUIS ROWLES who had an operation to remove kidney stone.
- Pray for the protection of Stilbaai and Melkhoutfontein’s people against COVID-19 as a new influx of people is expected over the Easter Weekend.
- HEALTH PROBLEMS Pray for people dealing with health issues: Martha, Godwin, Gemma Sainsbury, Yvonne and her daughter, Desiree, Garness, Lex, Amanda’s dad, Annette and family as they deal with the passing away of Liesl
- PRAY FOR OTHER SICK PEOPLE. Pray for those struggling with cancer. Pray for those who are in hospital at the moment who are not allowed visitors. Pray that they’ll experience God’s presence, comfort and healing.
7) Praise Singing
9) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family