Everyone is needed
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Out of the depths I cry to You, O LORD!
O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
If You, O LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?
But with You there is forgiveness, that You may be feared.
Psalm 130:1–4 (ESV)
- 4th Sureth Badenhorst
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- 30th Desmond and Cornelia Schoombie
POPI (Protection Of Personal Information) Act
- The POPI act requires us (and all organisations in South Africa) to get your permission to store / publish your personal information.
- So can you please complete another form with your detail that also ask you to specifically give us permission to store and retrieve your info, together with your signature.
- You can download the form below or you can get one at the information table in church.
- Please return the completed form ASAP to Carel-J
KING’S KIDS WEEK POSTPONED TO (DV) THE OCTOBER SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
- Due to the 3rd wave, the current restrictions of level 4 lockdown and the change of the school calendar we will not be able to have King’s Kids Week at this time. We are hoping and praying that we’d be able to do it safely and wisely during the October holidays.
- In the mean time, if you haven’t yet done it, your children / grandchildren are welcome to check out the online program we created last year: http://kingskids.org.za/kko
- NEEDING HELP? If you are struggling emotionally and spiritually and you are needing counseling, please contact Carel-J.
If you have any physical needs, please contact Carel-J or one of the elders.
- PLAN TO HELP THOSE WHO GET SICK WITH COVID-19. We want to help those who need to self-quarantine due to being sick with COVID-19 or who have been in contact with someone who tested positive. This involves two things:
a) If you do get sick or need to quarantine, please let us know. Let us know what type of help you need. E.g. help with buying your groceries, deliver meals, etc.
b) We’ll need volunteers who will be able to help with the above (buying / making and delivering food). If you are able to assist in this way, please let Carel-J know.
- BADISA FOOD PARCELS – Badisa knows of many vulnerable, poor families who are not able to provide for themselves during these times. They pack and deliver food parcels to these families. You can help by buying and placing non-perishable items in the containers provided at SPAR and OK
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFULLY GIVING!
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
- PEOPLE ON THE BULLETIN to pray for:
- Jan and Liesl Pieterse,
- Keith and Veronica Grieve,
- Johann and Desmi Baard
- Thank the LORD that we know He is still in control in the midst of the COVID-19 third wave.
- HEALTH PROBLEMS Pray for people dealing with health issues: Martha, Godwin, Gemma Sainsbury, Yvonne and her daughter Desiree, Garness, Sue (Delene’s sister), Babies Thorsten and Morgan, Des Schoombie, Elize (Louise’s sister)
- Please pray for Godwin who is still in the hospital in Riversdale where they’re trying to figure out what is causing the fluctuations in his blood pressure and sugar levels.
- Please pray for Johan and Maryna Oosthuizen’s children in Pretoria. Woolworths is busy making lists of the organisations they will donate food to, please pray that they will be included again with these donations. The feeding fields on their farm was also maliciously burnt down. They could thankfully save the animals. Please pray as they are devastated.
7) Praise Singing
There is no communion video today, because we want to encourage you to do communion by yourself. Either alone where you are, or with your believing family.
Here is the text you can use to help you lead communion.
1 Corinthians 11:23–26 (ESV)
11:23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread,
11:24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body, which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”
11:25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”
11:26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
9) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family