Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Good morning! How are you doing? Are you able to keep on clinging onto God in these uncertain times? If you struggle, please don’t struggle alone. Let me know!
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
Psalm 32:8–11 (ESV)
32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
32:9 Be not like a horse or a mule, without understanding, which must be curbed with bit and bridle, or it will not stay near you.
32:10 Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the LORD.
32:11 Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!
- 25th Jeanette Rall
- 29th Joy Delport
- IN NEED. If you experience any need at the moment, whether it is financial or for essential goods please let Carel-J know. I’m also available for Whatsapp video chats, if you are struggling emotionally/spiritually. Let me know!
- REVELATION. For those following our 3-year Bible reading plan, I hope you are enjoying Revelation! If you share my views on Revelation, you will find a lot of help in these sermons G.K. Beale preached through Revelation: https://www.monergism.com/blog/exposition-revelation-mp3-series-g-k-beale
- Bible studies:
- The Wednesday morning Bible study has started with online meetings with Jitsi. Please contact Carel-J if you’d like to join in.
- The Sunday evening Bible study has moved to Monday and is also using Jitsi for online meetings. Please contact Craig Boswell if you’d like to join.
- The teenagers meet on Tuesday afternoons for an online Bible study. If you know any teenagers who would like to join, please let Carel-J know
- HELP BADISA BY MAKING SOUP. Badisa hands out soup 6 days a week in Melkhoutfontein. If you are able to make and donate soup to them, please contact their offices 0839735772. They still hand out parcels to needy families in Stilbaai and Melkhoutfontein; if you’d like to donate to this place items in the trolleys designated for this at Spar and OK.
- King’s Kids Week CANCELLED.
- “MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU” outreach.
- I’m hearing some wonderful right-hand-doesn’t-know-what-the-left-hand-is-doing blessings that some of you are bestowing on other people. May God inspire you to reach more people with his love. The month is almost at an end, so go big! And hopefully your acts of love will not end when the month ends, but that you’ll continue being the hands and feet of Jesus to those around you.
You are welcome to record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services. (You can record yourself on your phone and then whatsapp the video to me)
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325)
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
5) Praise Singing
Let us fill our homes with praise singing to our almighty God!
Spend time in prayer.
- People on the bulletin to pray for: Janet van Zyl, Garness Wilson, Annelize Meintjes
- Sick people to pray for:
- Martha is back home, but Godwin will only hear from the doctor on Monday.
- Godwin, Desiree (Yvonne Roth’s daughter), Magriet, Garness
- Sue (Delene’s sister). She has to go back to Frere hospital next week for her cancer treatment, but they’ve heard that Frere hospital is forced to shut down. Please pray for God to make a way for her.
- Lex Schwartzel. Lex is really struggling and his mind is often not clear. Thanks be to God that he is in safe care at Huis Stilbaai
- Sharn Brummer fell and hurt her back quite badly.
- Praise God.
- Brian Fraser, Rose Schutte and Jemma Sainsbury got the all-clear (or the “still clear”) after their cancer treatment.
- Pray for
- Daniela de Jager who needs a new place to stay
- George and Lesley Blumrick for a job that can sustain them through the lockdown.
- Pray for the 3 things we want to pray for every day
1) Spiritual health. Pray for God to strengthen, encourage and grow his church. Pray for people to turn to God.
2) Physical health Pray for God to have mercy on Stilbaai, SA, Africa and the world. For healing and protection from infection.
3) Emotional health. Pray against anxiety, loneliness, fear and depression.
- Prayer for today:
- Everyone working in shops and public places (including the cleaners) that God will keep them protected from the Corona virus.
You can open your Bible to Philippians 1 before clicking on the video below. 🙂
8) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family
2 Thessalonians 3:16 (ESV)
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.