HOW GOD MADE ME HAPPY IN HIM – Guest preacher: John Piper
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Read the following Psalm as a prayer in preparing your heart for meeting with God.
Psalm 16:7–11 (ESV)
I bless the LORD who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure.
For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption.
You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
- LEAVE Carel-J and family are on leave from Tuesday 23 June and will be back Tuesday 7 July . The online services will continue, but if you need help for anything else, please contact Mark (063 773 3598), Bruce (076 595 9325) or Alwyn (083 628 8051)
- 1st Luke Symons
- 3rd Renee Rischmuller
- 3rd Debbie Warner
- 4th Sureth Badenhorst.
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
- 30th Desmond and Cornelia Schoombie
- IN NEED. If you experience any need at the moment, whether it is financial or for essential goods please let Bruce, Mark or Alwyn know.
- Bible studies:
- The Wednesday morning will again have a time of worship singing over the internet lines. Speak to Brian Fraser if you’d like to join in.
- The Monday Bible Studyis via online Jitsi at the moment. Please contact Craig Boswell if you’d like to join. NO MONDAY BIBLE STUDY THIS MONDAY
- The teenagers will meet again online after Carel-J is back from leave. (7 July)
- HELP BADISA BY MAKING SOUP. Badisa hands out soup 6 days a week in Melkhoutfontein. If you are able to make and donate soup to them, please contact their offices 0839735772. They still hand out parcels to needy families in Stilbaai and Melkhoutfontein; if you’d like to donate to this place items in the trolleys designated for this at Spar and OK.
- NO SUNDAY SERVICES AT CHURCH HALL YET. We have decided NOT to start our Sunday large-group gatherings under the current regulations. Until we are able to meet again, we will continue with church-in-each-home (online church).
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
5) Praise Singing
Let us fill our homes with praise singing to our almighty God!
Spend time in prayer.
- People on the bulletin to pray for: Bruce and Delene Waldek; Jeanette Rall
- People to pray for:
- Pray for Medical staff, cleaners, carers, etc. who have a greater risk of getting infected with COVID-19
- Lex Schwartzel. Lex is really struggling and his mind is often not clear. Thanks be to God that he is in safe care at Huis Stilbaai
- Sharn Brummer’s back is still very sore. Please pray for continued healing. She has damaged her diaphragm
- George and Lesley Blumrick for more permanent accommodation.
- Pray for John Malan (Mark Symons’ brother in law; Helen’s brother) for a quick diagnosis, treatment and cure of mutated cancer.
- Pray for Carel-J Rischmuller who has been diagnosed with an hiatal hernia.
- Martha, Godwin, Desiree (Yvonne Roth’s daughter), Garness
- Pray for everyone who lost their jobs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Praise God.
- For the rain
- For the job Lesley Blumrick found at Carewell as staff nurse.
- Pray for the 3 things we want to pray for every day
1) Spiritual health. Pray for God to strengthen, encourage and grow his church. Pray for people to turn to God.
2) Physical health Pray for God to have mercy on Stilbaai, SA, Africa and the world. For healing and protection from infection.
3) Emotional health. Pray against anxiety, loneliness, fear and depression.
- Prayer for today:
- Pray for the clear understanding of who we are in Christ. (ROMANS 8)
You can open your Bible to Philippians 2:1-2 before clicking on the video below. 🙂
8) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family
2 Thessalonians 3:16 (ESV)
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.