Biblical Guidance in Considering the COVID-19 Vaccine
Please note: Any blocks marked “advertisement” are not added by us, but by WordPress. Please ignore these advertisement blocks in following the service.
1) Preparation and Prayer
Good morning! Please read this Psalm as a prayer over you and your loved ones.
May the glory of the LORD endure forever; may the LORD rejoice in his works,
who looks on the earth and it trembles, who touches the mountains and they smoke!
I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being.
May my meditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the LORD.
- 13th Kai Pratt;
- 14th Barry Truelove.
- WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES
RISCHMULLERS ON LEAVE
- The Rischmuller family will be on leave for a week (14-20 Sept). If you need any help during this time, please contact Mark Symons or Craig Boswell. (Alwyn Vorster is also away this week)
NO KING’S KIDS WEEK DURING OCTOBER HOLIDAYS😢
After much prayer and discussion we have decided (due to various reasons) not to have King’s Kids Week this year. (We were hoping to postpone it to the October school holidays)
- We are busy praying, thinking and planning on how to move forward with our children’s ministry.
- PLEASE PRAY WITH FOR THE WAY FORWARD
- IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE INVOLVED WITH YOUR CHILDREN MINISTRY, PLEASE LET CAREL-J KNOW
POPI (Protection Of Personal Information) Act
If you have not yet completed a POPI form, please do so ASAP!
- The POPI act requires us (and all organisations in South Africa) to get your permission to store / publish your personal information.
- So can you please complete another form with your detail that also ask you to specifically give us permission to store and retrieve your info, together with your signature.
- You can download the form below or you can get one at the information table in church.
- Please return the completed form ASAP to Carel-J
SIGN UP TO HELP PROVIDE MEALS FOR CHURCH PEOPLE. If you can help on an ad hoc basis to provide meals for people in church who are e.g. sick, please contact Charlotte Swart (0727606330) so she add your name on the list.
- BADISA FOOD PARCELS – Badisa knows of many vulnerable, poor families who are not able to provide for themselves during these times. They pack and deliver food parcels to these families. You can help by buying and placing non-perishable items in the containers provided at SPAR and OK.
- NEEDING HELP? If you are struggling physically, emotionally and/or spiritually please contact Carel-J or one of the elders.
Please record yourself sharing a testimony and send it to me, so that we can include it in these services.
This can easily be done inside Whatsapp:
1) Open a chat window with me by clicking on my name. (If you don’t have me on Whatsapp, you’ll have to add me: Carel-J 0840717663)
2) Click on the camera icon at the bottom
3) Click on the reverse icon (🔄) to use front-facing camera
4) Hold in the big circle to record a video.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFULLY GIVING!
If God leads you to support our ministry, you can either EFT the money into our account (details below) or if you do not have access to EFT, please contact Bruce Waldek to assist you. (Bruce Waldek 076 595 9325).
Still Bay Baptist
ABSA Acc no. 40-8681-9877
Branch code 632005
Acc Type : Business Cheque
- PEOPLE ON THE BULLETIN to pray for:
- Gillian Lohr,
- Alwena Kotze,
- Migo Coetzee,
- Tonie Gerber.
- Praise the LORD that Sharn Brummer is getting better after her battle with COVID-19.
- HEALTH PROBLEMS Pray for people dealing with health issues: Martha, Godwin, Garness, Janine de Villiers
- Pray for Yvonne Roth. She has a wound on her leg that is not healing.
- Pray for Alwyn Vorster and family as they go up north for his mom’s funeral.
- Pray for rain for those areas where it is still very dry, e.g. the Eastern Cape
- Pray for all people working in public spaces where they are in contact with a lot of people. Pray for their protection from getting COVID-19.
- Pray for the hospitals in the Garden Route (including Riversdale). Pray for strength and endurance for the doctors and other medical staff.
7) Praise Singing
There is no communion video today, because we want to encourage you to do communion by yourself. Either alone where you are, or with your believing family.
Here is the text you can use to help you lead communion.
1 Corinthians 11:23–26 (ESV)
11:23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread,
11:24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body, which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”
11:25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”
11:26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
10) Final Hymn
Read this out loud as a blessing over yourself and your family